How to Paint a Watercolor Floral Wreath
This step-by-step tutorial is a guided lesson on how to paint a modern floral wreath with watercolors. It's a great exercise for all skill levels, as it uses basic supplies and techniques.
When you are done, you will have a beautiful piece of artwork that you can frame, cut/trim and use as stationery, or even digitize for use with graphic design. You will also receive two PDFs with helpful tips and reference images, as well as a bonus art print with inspirational quote.
1. A small bowl, approx. 6" in diameter.
2. A drawing pencil, 2H or lighter
3. Paint brushes (feel free to use what you have on hand, but this lesson uses 3 Round Brushes, sizes 1, 5, and 10.)
4. Watercolor paints (An inexpensive palette is fine, the one used in the lesson is the Artist's Loft set from Michael's.)
5. Watercolor paper (Cold pressed, 140lb or higher)
6. Cup of water
7. Absorbent paper towel (I prefer the Viva brand)